In keeping with last week's email on how important it is to keep your mind on top form, for Mental Health Awareness week I've been practising what I preach by spending even more quality time with Luna.
I've been waking up extra early to walk Luna, which has given me extra time later in the day to play and snuggle up. She loves it, and I feel better too.
It's amazing how much power our furry pals have in making a positive effect on our mental health.
In fact, the folks over at Omlet recently surveyed their Instagram community about their experience of owning pets and the effect on their mental health. Here are the headlines:
- 96% said their pet had a positive effect on their mental health
- 80% said their pet reduces their stress levels
- 74% said their pet provides them with companionship
Read the full story: The power of pets
So next time you're not feeling your best, spend some quality time with your pup.
Have a great week!
Link of the week
Each issue I share the best advice, products and other stuff I find on the web.
- 158 Rare Dog Names – if you're thinking of getting a dog or in the process of naming one, check this bizarre list of rare dog names.
Quote of the week
Each issue I share the best quote I find on the web.
"For a moment they forget everything else and just relax and laugh" – Omlet
Luna is on TikTok! Watch her very first video @bulldogcalledluna
- Dog Dad 101: Ideas, tools, and encouragement for being a dog dad
- Sunday Scoop: The full list of issues
- Resources: My favourite dog products, tech, apps, and books
- About: Why I started furrimals